Disperse is a VC-backed artificial intelligence construction startup focused on improving on-site productivity with the help of computer vision. Our goal is to not just be part of the current wave of construction innovation upstarts, but to ultimately reimagine the way building projects are designed, delivered and operated.
We are currently working on some of the largest projects in London and provide a solution that automates progress review and issue detection to instantly identify any problem on-site. We have ambitions to expand significantly in the coming year to build an engine of growth that scales our solution, and that means we are looking for new passionate and proactive top talent to join the team.
We move at a high speed, and will provide you with immense opportunities for initiative, creation and leadership. Our diverse, international team is based in London, Oxford, Sarajevo and Yerevan, and has wealth of experience from construction management to computer vision and robotics.
We are looking for a talented Frontend/UI Engineer to help us develop our pioneering web-based solution, and to build a strong and fast feedback loop enabling us to test and adapt our product quickly. As part of the role, you will work closely with our product development team and designers to design, prototype and develop new testable features, with involvement from identifying new technologies to wireframing and implementation.
NOTE: This role is being offered in both London (UK) and Yerevan (Armenia). Strictly non-remote.
- Design, build and maintain a responsive and delightful UX
- Collaborate with the product development and engineering teams to design and deliver on complex features and prototypes
- Build efficient and re-usable front-end systems and abstractions
- Take part in end-to-end system architecture working with back-end engineers
- Identify, apply and communicate new technologies, best design practices and usability patterns
- Take part in discussing product development and strategy
- Contribute to user and interaction flow design process from wireframing to implementation and release
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 3+ years of hands-on software development experience (web applications preferred)
- Full English proficiency, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of CS, OOP/OOD, design patterns
- Experience with web technologies (HTML/CSS)
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Validated ability to deliver on schedule
- Full-stack proficiency and knowledge of another language such as Ruby, Python
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience of working in an autonomous team
- Good grasp on graphic, usability and interaction design
- Knowledge of managing cross-browser and client-side performance issues
- Competitive salary
- Open and transparent culture
- Opportunity to join a talented seed-stage startup with proven traction early in its journey
- Equity compensation