Communications Officer will be based in Yerevan under the supervision of the Executive Director and Deputy Director of the OSF-Armenia. The officer will contribute to and implement communication, and outreach strategies of the foundation and will represent the OSF-Armenia in media, at public events and in other circumstances deemed appropriate. The communications officer will work in close cooperation with and under supervision of the regional head of Communications based in London.
Strategy and Issue Expertise
- Creating and executing media and communications strategies.
- Keeping up to date on relevant political and social developments in Armenia, in the region and in Europe that affect the activities of the OSF.
- Liaising with all the program coordinators of the OSF-Armenia on the programmatic priorities
- Networking with the OSF offices in DC and Brussels to keep informed about relevant developments for Armenia.
- Responsible for researching and learning about the legacy and work of the OSF- Armenia from the start of the organization to the present day, including relevant partners.
- Responsible for message research and development.
Media Relations and Writing
- Identify communications and media opportunities to better shape and amplify the Open Society issues and grantees.
- Position key the Open Society Foundations’ messages, people and grantees in print, online, broadcast and other media.
- Draft and edit letters, press releases and other relevant material for Armenian media.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with print, broadcast, radio and online media in Armenia and elsewhere if deemed appropriate.
- Identify possible communications and media risks and develop strategies to mitigate them, handle communications crises.
- Assist in the production and curating of relevant web material.
- Develop and implement social media strategies.
- Provide strategic advice and suggestions to the OSF-Armenia management about internal communications challenges and opportunities.
Training and Networking
- Develop and conduct communications trainings for program staff and grantees if deemed necessary.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key partners internally and externally.
Other duties as required including occasional contract and budget responsibilities.
- University degree preferably in Communications, Journalism, Public Policy or related field.
- A minimum of five years of relevant communications experience including but not limited to journalism or experience as a communications professional in the not-for-profit or private sector.
- Proven track record as a spokesperson.
- Excellent Armenian-language writing and editing ability and verbal skills.
- Excellent English-language verbal and writing skills.
- Proven skills in the development of communications strategies.
- Social media and digital expertise.
- High level of self-motivation, initiative and creativity.
- Willingness to travel for work and undertake work commitments at irregular hours.
- Diplomatic manner, professional presentation and appearance, ability to adapt to a range of cultures and experiences in interacting with program management, colleagues at all levels, contacts and the public,
Deadline for submission of applications (CV and a cover letter) is 17:00 p.m. on April 19, 2019, via e-mail: email@example.com. Only short listed candidates will be invited to the interview or press Apply For Job