Disperse is a VC-backed artificial intelligence construction startup focused on improving on-site productivity with the help of computer vision. Our goal is to ultimately re-imagine the way building projects are planned, delivered and operated.
We're currently working on some of the largest building projects in London (e.g. Renzo Piano’s Shard Place, Wood Wharf) and have grown from 5 to 26 people over the past year. We have ambitions to expand significantly, which means that we are looking for passionate and enthusiastic talent to join the team.
We move at a high speed, and will provide you with immense opportunities for initiative, creativity and leadership. Our proudly diverse, international team is based in London, Sarajevo and Yerevan, and has a wealth of experience from construction management to computer vision and robotics..
We are looking for a talented Frontend/UI Engineer to help us develop our pioneering web-based solution, and to build a strong and fast feedback loop enabling us to test and adapt our product quickly. As part of the role, you will work closely with our product development team and designers to design, prototype and develop new testable features, with involvement from identifying new technologies to wireframing and implementation.
NOTE: This role is being offered in both London (UK) and Yerevan (Armenia). Strictly non-remote.
Ask anyone at Disperse what they love most about working here, and they'll probably tell you "it's the people!", "the team, of course", "the people and the Hedwig owls in the offices".
As clichéd as it may sound, we're very proud of the people we have and the close-knit, family culture we've built across London, Sarajevo and Yerevan. Despite the distances, we're united through the passion with which we approach our goals and the fun that we have along the way. We always look out for each other, no matter what. The following should give you a good idea what type of culture you'd be joining:
We encourage proactivity and taking full ownership of problems and initiatives. We don't believe in micromanagement. Instead, we let you pave your own path and give you the space to continuously learn and grow even if it means taking a few detours.
We support each other. If a process breaks or if you're struggling, you can always count on the people around you and the people far away from you, to help you get back on track.
We run on feedback: direct and transparent praise and constructive criticism, communicated with the best of intentions. There is no other way to learn!
Ideas and approaches are always judged on merit rather than source. We welcome discussions and challenges. This way everyone makes a tremendous impact no matter the role.
- Design, build and maintain a responsive and delightful UX
- Collaborate with the product development and engineering teams to design and deliver on complex features and prototypes
- Build efficient and re-usable front-end systems and abstractions
- Take part in end-to-end system architecture working with back-end engineers
- Identify, apply and communicate new technologies, best design practices and usability patterns
- Take part in discussing product development and strategy
- Contribute to user and interaction flow design process from wireframing to implementation and release
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 3+ years of hands-on software development experience (web applications preferred)
- Full English proficiency, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of CS, OOP/OOD, design patterns
- Experience with web technologies (HTML/CSS)
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Validated ability to deliver on schedule
- Full-stack proficiency and knowledge of another language such as Ruby, Python
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience of working in an autonomous team
- Good grasp on graphic, usability and interaction design
- Knowledge of managing cross-browser and client-side performance issues
- Competitive salary
- Open and transparent culture
- Opportunity to join a talented seed-stage startup with proven traction early in its journey
- Equity compensation
Please follow the link to apply: https://disperse.workable.com/j/4918EFC125