Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, serving more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries.
We engage a global team of highly skilled freelance translators who are experts in various academic fields.
We’re currently looking for specialist freelance translators. Our most prolific freelancers who deliver consistently good quality earn over USD 4500 per month.
Your role will involve
- Translating academic manuscripts from Japanese into English, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is conveyed
- Using specialist dictionaries, thesauruses, and reference books to find the closest equivalent for terminology and words used
- Researching legal, technical, and scientific phraseology to find the correct translation
- Proofreading and editing the translation to produce a grammatically correct, well-expressed final version of the translated text
- Managing your time well to meet deadlines
What you need
• Proficiency in Japanese and English
• An understanding and knowledge of technical terminology
• Relevant certification or training, e.g., MA in translation studies (preferred but not essential)
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Japanese to English translation (preferred but not essential)
• A Post Doc/PhD/Masters/Bachelor’s degree or expertise in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Materials Science