ICTJ is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Program Coordinator for its Armenia Program. The Program Coordinator will be based in Yerevan, the capital of Armenia. This position is a consultant position for six months with the possibility of extension. The consultant will work closely with staff in ICTJ Headquarters and other ICTJ offices on all matters related to the implementation and operation of the program.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of ICTJ’s Director of Programs and ICTJ’s Senior Expert working on Armenia and in coordination ICTJ staff in Headquarters, the Program Coordinator will:
- Organize the activities and support the work required to fulfill ICTJ’s Armenia Program work plan
- Coordinate the participation and involvement of ICTJ, including of its Senior Experts, in transitional justice-related bilateral meetings, consultations and other activities in Armenia organized by government institutions, civil society organizations, regional organizations and foreign missions
- Perform research and writing tasks, including compiling comparative information, news and political developments
- Assist ICTJ’s Communications staff in the production of media content to inform public debate around the transitional justice process in Armenia.
- Supervise the translation, printing and dissemination of current and planned ICTJ publications in Armenian.
- Manage, monitor and assist in steps necessary for ICTJ to comply with relevant government and donor financial and regulatory requirements
- University degree in political science, sociology, history, journalism, communications, international relations, law, development or other field relevant to human rights and/or anti-corruption advocacy and policymaking. A master’s degree will be an advantage.
- 2 or more years of experience in human rights, anti-corruption or justice-related work or advocacy, preferably in Armenia, whether in government institutions, inter-governmental or non-government organizations. Familiarity with the field of transitional justice and/or the European regional human rights context will be an advantage.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities, with rigorous attention to detail in a multi-task, fast-paced and politically sensitive environment.
- Research, interviewing and writing skills that can contribute to ICTJ’s knowledge of the Armenian context and to publications, social media and other communications content ICTJ can produce for its Armenia Program
- Fluent in Armenian and English and knowledge of Russian.
- Work authorization in Armenia
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org (include PROGRAM COORDINATOR – ARMENIA PROGRAM in the subject line) by October 18, 2019.
The ICTJ is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer strongly committed to hiring and retaining a diverse and internationally representative staff.