This position is under the supervision of the Executive Director and Deputy Director in the department of human rights and the rule of law.
- Assisting with managing, monitoring, and evaluation of grants and projects within the Human Rights and the Rule of Law programs of the Foundation
- Reviewing proposals and preparing summaries for follow up
- Undertaking research tasks within the Foundation’s priorities in the areas of the Human Rights and Civil Society
- Participating in the implementation of operational projects in the specified areas.
Qualifications will include:
- A minimum of five years of experience in the area of human rights, rule of law and/or policy development in an international organization
- University degree preferably in Law, Human Rights or Public Policy, Social Sciences
- Clear understanding of the critical human rights challenges and the needs of the justice reform in Armenia and familiarity with international trends in human rights, rule of law, democracy promotion and civil society development
- Understanding of public policy issues in major areas of reform in Armenia related to justice, human rights and freedoms
- In-depth knowledge of national strategies, legislation, regulations, commitments, obligations related to human rights and relevant international frameworks
- Strong dedication to human rights promotion in Armenia
- Experience of working with civil society groups/networks, state institutions and agencies, international organizations
- Research experience supported by publications
- Ability to handle confidential issues
- Willingness and capacity to learn new approaches
- Self-motivation with an ability to set and meet goals
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work long hours
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in English and Armenian
Deadline for submission of applications (CV and a cover letter) is 17:00 p.m. on April 19, 2019, via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short listed candidates will be invited to the interview.