Purpose of the job:
This role is responsible for selling Air Arabia services to travel agents, companies and gains their commitment to promote the same.
• To achieve and exceed the set revenue targets of the territory.
• To manage and develop sales among travel agents and corporate and online portals in UAE.
• Liaise with the E-Business team to promote online sales and increase ancillary revenue through directed sales activities.
• Liaises with marketing department to ensure Armenia station is updated with POS & BTL material in timely manner.
• Initiates marketing activities to maintain Air Arabia awareness in the market.
• Initiates so called barter marketing opportunities to maintain Air Arabia awareness in the market.
• Communicate regularly in a timely manner with the Head office on any changes or updates in commercial / operations
• Identifies key contacts and decision makers in travel agencies; makes appointments and conducts meetings to educate and influence them to promote Air Arabia products and services.
• Increase distribution by identifying and enrolling new sales agents and looking at alternative distribution channels.
• Provides monthly reports to agents and their performance and discuss ways and means with them so as to take corrective actions, where necessary.
• Maintains and increase customer database, ensuring that key data elements are accurately recorded and kept up to date.
• Prepares weekly forward booking reports for the respective regions and send the same to the Sales Managers accordingly.
• Prepare all data pertaining to route reviews and send the same to the respective Commercial Manager
• Keeps up-to-date with industry/competitor information including information concerning passenger trends and activities; keeps up a timely flow of key information to the Commercial Manager.
• Identifies prospective locations for sales/promotion activities based on statistical analysis– informs the Commercial Manager.
• Liaise and come up with solution on improving route with low load factor.
• Prepares and sends weekly sales report to the Manager identifying areas of concern.
Note – The role defined here is not exhaustive and duties and responsibilities in line with the job function may be added from time to time. Official employment with GSA of Air Arabia in Armenia.
Key Performance Measures
• Achieving agreed revenue targets.
• Increase distribution & effectively manage their performance
• The quality and frequency of industry and competitor information which is fed back to the Commercial Manager Armenia.
• The number and quality of workshops/product presentations to trade.
• To develop, grow and ensure sales & ancillary services in their respective market.
• Initiate activities to enhance low load flights
• Conduct marketing activities to keep Air Arabia on top of mind.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
• Qualifications and Experience:
• Essential – Educated to a Degree level
• 1 – 2 years Sales experience. Airline Sales experience preferred
• Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, Armenian
• Skills in other languages is an advantage
• Must be proficient in all MS office programmes (word, excel, outlook, PowerPoint)
• Adaptability and Innovation (Adaptable, Innovative / Creativeness): The ability to change one’s own approach to work effectively with a variety of individuals, groups, situations, including the conception and implementation of original ideas to develop and improve processes, products and services.
• Customer Service Orientation: Discovers the needs of internal and external customers and strives to deliver services and products to meet these needs.
• Initiative and Commitment to Achieve: The tendency to act in a self – directed way, by taking action before being directed or forced by events; to seize opportunities, probe for in-depth information and deliver significantly more than the minimum required, whilst protecting safety, health and long – term productivity.
• Cost Orientation: The drive to reduce costs.
• Proactive: Ability to take action before being told. Takes the role of being fully "in charge" and responsible for all that happens in a situation or a job. An "internal control" orientation in which persons behave with the full assumption that they can be the "cause" and can move events, create change and achieve goals. Initiates action and readily takes responsibility for all aspects of the situation-even beyond ordinary boundaries. Initiates actions of self and others to learn about the organization and to achieve goals.
• Influence and Negotiation: Uses appropriate personal style to gain acceptance or agreement to an idea or plan; changes others’ opinions by effective persuasion.
• Effective Communication (Communication Abilities): The ability to convey a message, verbally or in writing, to both individuals and groups, actively listens to the response and successfully holds their attention to achieve the desired impact.