HotNewHipHop, a website owned and operated by Urbanlinx Media Inc., is the world’s largest Hip Hop focused site that engages with elusive young urban audience. We are looking for an ambitious Senior Software Developer with a passion for programming for its Armenia offices. The candidate must have at least 5 years of experience developing on a PHP-based MVC Framework and demonstrate an excellent understanding of object-oriented programming. A degree in Computer Science is strongly preferred. The ideal candidate has strong dev-ops experience and has worked with deployment models and test-driven development in a fast-paced agile environment.
Urbanlinx is a New York based company with offices in Montreal. We specialize in the development and marketing of highly trafficked web properties within the Music Industry, and we are leaders in our activity sector.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will:
- Manage the day-to-day priorities and objectives for a team of software engineers in future development and maintenance
- Participate in the Design System Architecture and ensure patterns and best practices are implemented
- Be hands-on with application development while coaching and developing
- Oversee code-quality and instrumentation for performance metrics/KPIs
- Maintain unit and functional tests, itemization / estimation / execution
- Develop, implement and maintain object-oriented backend applications with PHP, Elasticsearch, Memcache.
- Effectively create and implement new features on our various websites and platforms
- Code Optimization and refactoring
- Problem solving, bug fixing and finding creative solutions
- Provide assistance with R&D activities
You might be a good fit, if you:
- Have 5 + years as a software engineer (preferable stack being PHP, Java, AJAX, JSON, MariaDB, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Solr, Redis)
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably with a major in computer science or a similar field
- Have 2 or more years in a supervisory role and management experience with the ability to coach and inspire others
- Experience as a Project Management Professional is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of web technologies such as PHP (OOP/MVC), Linux, MySQL, Nginx
- Experience developing RESTful web services and APIs
- Integration experience with 3rd party applications & APIs
- Experience in dealing with large scale and high load websites
- Excellent knowledge of HTML/JS/CSS
- Have knowledge of object-oriented programming, API design, development best practices and microservice oriented architecture.
- Possess knowledge of RDBMS/SQL fundamentals
- Excellent analysis, problem-solving and communication skills
- Are able to manage your own time commitments and deliverables as well as manage time in a startup culture
- Any experience in the financial sector and Advanced Mathematics or Statistics will be considered an advantage
What we offer:
- Very Competitive compensation (USD 2,000-2,500 Net Monthly Salary)
- Advancement opportunities
How to apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a CV by pressing the APPLY FOR JOB button
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.