Amazon InTech will be hosting a hiring event in Yerevan, Armenia to hire Software Development Engineers for our Madrid, Spain office. Come build the future with us:
Amazon´s International Technology (INTech) will be hosting a hiring event in Yerevan, Armenia on the week of 27th November 2019. We will be hiring for our Madrid, Spain office.
Software Development Engineer
Amazon’s InTech organization seeks talented engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work. You will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. As a member of our team, you will work closely with the business to design and implement new features.
You will contribute to all aspects of an agile software development life cycle including design, architecture, development, documentation, testing and operations. You will push your design and architecture limits by owning all aspects of solutions end-to-end, through full stack software development. You have strong verbal and written communication skills, are self-driven, and can deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply state-of-the-art computer science to solve real world problems? Do you have a curious mind that applies concepts like machine learning, pattern matching and mathematical modelling to solve complex online business scenarios? Do you want to pave the future of Amazon Retail, enhancing how we do business as a key player in global e-commerce?
- Work with your team to define and understand service functional and technical requirements
- Develop detailed architecture and design for components and services
- Code, test, and deploy services
- Participate in and lead code & design reviews
- Build and test services for operational load, build monitoring systems and automate manual operations work
- Work with peers in other Amazon Retail teams to build and scale services
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++, C#, or Python. Other languages could be considered.
- Fluency in English is required (no additional languages required)
- Outstanding problem-solving abilities and a clear commitment to making Amazon a great place to work
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to have fun!
- Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems and algorithms
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Familiarity with both front end development and backend development
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
MORE INFORMATION: HERE