Primary responsibility for Summer Internship Program (SIP) activities, including:
- Placement of interns
- Organizing meetings
- Planning all aspects of excursions
- Public relations
- Logistical matters and more.
Requires advanced command of spoken and written Armenian and English / organizational skills / creativity / attention to detail / good computer skills (Word and Excel) / social media skills / ability to initiate and follow through on projects, as well as fulfill varied assignments from the Regional Director.
This Scope of Work defines the duties, and deliverables expected. The Regional Director of the Armenia Assembly of America will supervise the activities and deliverables.
- Organize all aspects of SIP including placement of interns, meetings, planning all aspects of excursions, logistical matters, and more
- Prepare and update SIP events calendar, SIP information packet
- Act as liaison between AAA office and SIP interns
- Assist interns with different issues
- Communicate with interns on upcoming events/lectures/workshops/other
- Maintain contact with interns’ supervisors
- Determine and implement SIP publicity and social media approaches with Regional Director
- Regularly, after each event, post photos on social media (to be reviewed with Regional Director)
- Prepare and submit final report of the program
- Prepare, update, finalize SIP 2019 preliminary budget, including notes, explanations, as necessary, working with Financial Director and Regional Director
- Maintain records of all SIP regular expenses, providing necessary cash reports and required backup documentation
- Prepare and submit final SIP 2019 (actuals vs. proposed)
- Fulfill other tasks as assigned by the Regional Director
- Excellent command of spoken and written Armenian and English
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Initiative / creativity
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Higher education (university degree)
- Experience with international organizations is a plus
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Qualified and interested individuals are kindly requested to send their CV with recommendations (if available) to: email@example.com or push Apply for job buttom indicating the position title SIP Coordinator in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
ABOUT AAA: Established in 1972, the Armenian Assembly of America (AAA) is the largest Washington-based nationwide organization promoting public understanding and awareness of Armenian issues. The Assembly is a non-partisan, 501(c)(3) tax-exempt membership organization. AAA started activities in Armenia immediately after the 1988 Earthquake. The Summer Internship Program in Armenia began in 1999.
To learn more about our organization, please visit: https://armenian-assembly.org