- Teaching certificate preferred but not required
- Collegiate professional license with endorsement in Library Media Pre K-12 is preferred
- Higher education in Education, English, teaching experience.
- At least 3 years of work experience in the relevant field; work experience in an international environment is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Armenian;
- Hands on experience with circulation and collection analysis required
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Destiny Library Software)
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work well in a team environment; handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines;
- Assists students in identifying, locating and interpreting information housed in and outside the library media center. Promotes the development of independent search habits by enhancing the student's ability to evaluate those sources found. Provides instruction in accessing, evaluating and communicating information and in the production of media to fit within the curricula. Participates in building, department and grade-level curriculum development and assessment projects. Plans jointly with teachers and administrators to provide and evaluates instruction in information access. Works with teachers to improve instructional activities. Provides an inviting environment in the library media center that promotes reading and research. Provides lessons for students in the library. Follows the QSI curriculum. Maintains, stores, secures and loans audiovisual equipment and sends equipment for repair as needed. Performs other related duties as assigned. Duties performed typically in a school library setting. Work requires frequent standing, sitting, walking and light lifting up to 10 pounds. Effective verbal and written communication skills for expressing or exchanging ideas, hearing to perceive information at a normal spoken word level and visual acuity for preparing and analyzing written or computer data.
Reports To: Director
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for this position go to https://www.qsi.org/armenia/arm/about-us/employment/ and complete and submit application, current resume and any other documents (e.g. certificates, CV, copies of degrees earned, recommendation letters, etc…) that address the qualification requirements of the position. Applications can be found online at https://www.qsi.org/armenia/arm/about-us/employment/
- Full Time: 40 hours per week
- ANNUAL GROSS SALARY: Competitive. 90 Day probation period.