Please read this post in its entirety before submitting your info. Applicants who do not follow all detailed instructions will not be considered or responded to.
We are Abbey Road Programs, a small company that facilitates educational summer programs (study abroad, foreign language immersion, college prep, arts and humanities) for middle and high school students.
We are looking for a tourism intern for travel pre-planning / programming in the autumn/winter/spring. The responsibilities will involve mostly organizational and logistical tasks, such as making and confirming reservations, travel arrangements, hotels, museums, and various activities, as well as planning itineraries and program calendars.
We are seeking students for a 3 or 6-month paid internship from September through April to help plan the summer programs and coordinate the logistics. These duties include working independently with our team via Skype, WhatsApp, and other platforms to schedule, reserve and confirm various travel arrangements, such as airline reservations, buses, trains, housing, hotels, museums, activities, and others.
Interns who generate the best results and work with us the best will be offered a permanent position.
- Strong verbal and written English
- Relevant experience/interest in Tourism/Hospitality
- Ability to make hotel/museum/travel reservations remotely
- Must be enrolled in college or a recent college graduate
- Majors/Minors in Business, Tourism and/or Hospitality are preferred.
- Save your resume and cover letter as a SINGLE .PDF file.
- PDF file must be labeled like so "TOURISM_JANE_SMITH_CV.pdf". If Jane Smith is not your name, I'd suggest using your name.
- In the body of the email, provide us with no more than two introductory sentences, and your contact information beneath your signature.
- In the Subject line write TOURISM INTERNSHIP CV- (Your Name)
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a test to see if you are able to follow instructions.