OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Individuals with great English and Russian language skills. Individuals must be bright, positive, interact with others well, be able to lead a group, to tell a story, arouse interest in their audience, and communicate with and respond well to groups of people.
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Professionals who have studied tourism, winemaking, or experience in the service industry.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The tour guide will greet tour groups at Van Ardi's winery, give them the tour, taking the group through the vineyard, winery, and provide a guided wine tasting. (training will be provided) This important role in the winery’s tourism department also implies marketing, booking and scheduling tours, and helping organize and manage events at the winery.
- Schedule and book tours
- Conduct tour with good attitude and energy
- Answer guests’ questions
- Maintain the guests’ interest
- Preparing and setting up the tasting area for guests' arrival
- Implement and maintain marketing programs to increase wine tour flows
- Help to organize and manage other winery events
- Bachelor's degree or greater in communication, Russian, English, tourism, winemaking, services, or related fields
- Fluency in English, Russian, and Armenian
- Bright, friendly and positive attitude
- Awareness of how to communicate and treat people of different cultures
- Knowledge of winemaking preferred.
- Able to manage tasks without guidance
- Able to improvise.
- Having transportation is preferable
- Responsible and caring about the company, its values, and its goals.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Based on skills for the position.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Please email us your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org , PLEASE INCLUDE 1) a short cover letter stating why you think you are right for this position and 2) a one-paragraph example of how you would greet guests.